Make a difference to Australian healthcare
Exciting, broad and practical role: mix your science with real-world problem-solving
Central Hornsby location
Australian Scientific Enterprise (ASE) is a leading provider of clinical pathology diagnostic products, including quality control material. We are 100% Australian owned and based in Hornsby, NSW. Our primary products are quality control materials which we provide to pathology laboratories throughout Australia, New Zealand, Asia and Europe. We also perform contract manufacturing of novel products for other large enterprises. ASE invests significantly in research and development for both in vitro diagnostics (IVDs) and contract work.
We are seeking a scientist or qualified individual (see criteria) to join our team in the development and production of commercially viable quality control (QC) materials to meet the demands of the global pathology testing market.
– entails the coordination, laboratory production and post-production testing of quality control materials for the pathology market.
– includes exposure to research and development of new materials, business development and significant training opportunities.
– will suit those looking to contribute and be a part of a growing business: improving systems, SOPs and generally finding better ways of doing things.
This is a full-time, permanent role in Sydney, NSW.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
– Being a proactive contributor to all aspects of the business.
– Project Coordination of QC-material-production Projects: from contract receipt, ordering materials, printing labels, labelling vials, Production, post-production testing to goods pack up.
– Laboratory Production: blood fractionation, high-precision pipetting, analytical balance use, pH adjustment.
– Post-Production Testing: chemistry analyser, spectrophotometry, titration, blood gas analysis.
– Product Development: literature review, pilot work and transfer to production.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual that is practical, outcome-focused and passionate about their work. The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
– A demonstrated interest in our industry.
– Demonstrated experience of being proactive and going above and beyond.
– A demonstrated ability to approach and resolve problems in a systematic and practical manner.
The following criteria are highly regarded:
– Experience in small to medium enterprise.
– Experience in the IVD industry or a related sector.
– Tertiary Degree in Chemistry, Formulation Science or a related field.
– Some understanding of biological degradation pathways and related chemistry.
If your skills and experience fit this profile, please submit your application to Recruitment [at] ASEonline.com.au.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews.
You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this position.